Friday, December 12, 2008

little house on corrie rd

We have a 24 hours full of various weather, first a few inches of beautiful snow, then ice in the night and finally today rain, rain and more rain. We lost power at camp this morning and it has not returned yet. I am figuring out little dirt road is probably not a big priority when it comes to the power companies, so it may be a while yet. This morning John cooked eggs and toast on the wood stove and I took a 'shower' with water heated on the stove - very little house on the prairie! We are lucky to have the wood stove, last year at this time we would have had to use the generator to have heat. I love the coziness of the woodstove during a storm. I curled right up next to it in my grandmothers old chair and did some reading and then working on finishing some christmas knitting projects. I think I am officially done with my 'made gifts', I would love share them on the blog but many of the receivers follow said blog so that may have to wait until after gift giving. Now, on to the christmas tree decorating, wrapping and baking!

I am sorry not to be able to post photos of the amazing scenery (trees bent right down to the ground from the weight of the ice) but I have lost our camera. It has been more than 2 weeks now and no sign of it. So, i have ordered another camera, hopefully I will be back with photos early next week.

1 comment:

Marcy B. said...

Hope you are staying warm and I would be lost without my camera. Hopefully it arrives before Christmas!