Tuesday, December 30, 2008
btw, who ever thought it was a good idea to have books close/tax stuff all relative to the end of the year, is this impeding on anyone else's holidays?!?! The trials and tribulations of small business ownership ..... :)
ah well, off to CT to visit with some of the very best people in the world.
Monday, December 22, 2008
Friday, December 19, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
4. The woodstove. enough said
5. My 2009 planner. I have a planner problem, I love to plan and I love planners. Since we started our own business I have struggled with how best to organize my stuff. In my previous life I lived by my planner but somehow those habits did not fit well with our new life. Anyway, I have yet another new planner to try for 2009 and I have just started filling it in - loving it!
6. Having a camera again!
7. Being done with xmas shopping (assuming my Internet orders arrive on time)
8. Hosting a holiday party tonight with my book club buddies. Can't wait!
9. Finally getting our tree up, pretty pathetic for the daughter of a christmas tree farmer not to have a christmas tree, so John and I finally managed to put ours up last night. We usually try pick tree that is not exactly perfect, perhaps a 'holiday' on one side that will prevent it from being bought by someone but will be just right in the corner of our home. So, this year we got a reject from the 'rack' (ie a tree we precut but was not selling). Can you believe this is a 'reject'!?!? It will look even more perfect once we get it decorated.
10. I feel like I should come up with a tenth thing to round out the list but I really got all my happiness in 1-9, so #10 is having 9 things to be happy about.
Friday, December 12, 2008
I am sorry not to be able to post photos of the amazing scenery (trees bent right down to the ground from the weight of the ice) but I have lost our camera. It has been more than 2 weeks now and no sign of it. So, i have ordered another camera, hopefully I will be back with photos early next week.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Saturday, November 29, 2008
John & Allie play the word game 'hang man' as Mom looks on
Mom, Laurie and Sarah work together to get the meal ready.
Then, we headed to Benedicta to have our thanksgiving meal and spend the night. We had a great meal and especially enjoyed catching up with family into the night.
Dani, Char, Veronica and Buster getting dinner on the table
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Em, Lizzie and I were pie happy this past weekend, making all sorts of crusts to last us through Thanksgiving (for desert pies and turkey pot pies - yum!). I even plan to make pumpkin pie from an actual pumpkin, instead of the can. Can't wait to try it out! As you can see, Lizzie was a happy helper.
We had our first dusting of snow this morning. Nellie surveys her grounds.....
Evolo is closed for the rest of week, so we get a few days off - yay! I put up xmas trees in the model homes today so that we could turn the holiday lights on. I know it is early, but thanksgiving is late this year. In fact, Burgess Tree Farm is open this week. So, there has been much to do around the farm to get ready, decorating wreaths, putting up the tree racks & signs etc...