Sunday, October 30, 2011

nor'easter

well, a noreaster hit new england today - second year in a row we have had snow in time for trick or treating!  I missed out on appreciating the first snow, something about having it fall during the night and not really getting to watch it come down.  Anyway, I look forward to the next snow (well, not that I want to hurry it) when I can have a warm cup of coffee in my hands, holiday music in the back ground - you get the idea.  back to today's storm, it left us without power for most of the morning, John and I had campfire coffee.  We were toasty warm with the woodstove going and I had thought ahead enough to have water supplies on hand.  Once power was restored, I threw together a couple lasagnas and batch of oatmeal, raisin and chocolate chip cookies.  I didn't manage to take any photos of any of this, not one.  Not one photo of the trees laden with snow, not one snowflake.  Luckily, Mom, Emily and her kiddo's came by later in the day and we did manage to get the camera's out.




ps - M has her 4th tooth and is taking 3, 4 and 5 steps at a time now!  Also, I think we can officially say her first word is Dada (actually she calls him Dadada)

No comments: